We have a special treat for you today! Our DT member, Claire Stead has created an absolutely gorgeous, 2-page art journal spread featuring Shana Bebeklis’ Happy Scraps pack:
And she shares her step by step tutorial:
- I started by using one the new Artist Series packs by Shana Bebeklis called Happy Scraps.
- I adhered some of the collage paper from this pack to my background using matt medium. Once it dried, I painted over it and created an ombre effect using bright pink to deep blue paints. Then I did some “reductive stenciling” by removing some of the paint through a stencil using a baby wipe. This allowed the collage paper to show through.
- Next, I added more stenciling to my page by using the same stencil with some pale lilac acrylic paint.
- I drew wavy lines across the center of my page using the “nib” of the tops of my acrylic paint bottles, turquoise and peacock blue.
- I also added some white splatters to the page.
- Then, I cut out hearts from the Happy Scraps pack, adhered them to white paper, and added them to my page – across the previously added lines of paint.
Finally, I chose some words from Tamara LaPorte’s Fabulous Faces pack to finish my project.
Here is another look at Claire’s stunning project:
Wow, Claire! This is amazing!! Thank you.
She used the following packs: