We’ve started off 2022 with an amazing run of projects from our Design Team plus our Guest Designer, Tina Hois. Tina made an art journal page using the same Altered Ancestor image that Heather McMahon uses today, with very different results. You can see Tina’s post here.
Heather opted for a different shaped page for her project today. This one is designed to be posted in a business-sized envelope.
I could create with Lorraine Haight Moraine’s Altered Ancestors every day. I love her sense of humour. Her clever quotes and funny figures always make me smile.
This is a fairly simple piece. Here’s how I made it:
- I used a favourite geli-print as my background, adding a bit of stenciling, stamping and outlining.
- I cut out one of the gorgeous gingko leaves from the Trees & Leaves stack. I use these a lot – they’re perfect for providing that extra something in the background.
- I also cut out the man and chair from Lorraine Haight Moraine’s CoreStack, inked all the edges in black, and added them to the page.
- I added the tissue-paper quote using gel medium. Dina Wakley’s soft gel matte medium is the perfect combination with the ArtStacks tissue. The tissue disappears completely into the background, making it look like the quote is typed directly onto the page. (Note that neither myself nor ArtStacks have any affiliation with Dina’s products. I just love this particalar product!)
- I finished by adding a stitched border, some messy stitching and, surprisingly for me, a cardstock border!
These pages are so much fun and not difficult to make at all. If you make something similar, I’d love to see!
My quote and Altered Ancestor image are from Lorraine Haight Moraine’s CoreStack:
And the gingko leaf is from the Trees & Leaves CoreStack:
Thanks for dropping in!